Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:34:14 +0530
From:      Gautham Ganapathy <gautham@lisphacker.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 8-STABLE - wpi monitor mode

Hi

After I bring all n/w interfaces down (/etc/rc.d/netif stop) and then
create an virtual interface over wpi0 in monitor mode (ifconfig wlan0
create wlandev wpi0 wlanmode monitor), the system crashes. Is there
any error in the command I am using? This system was updated to
8-STABLE a couple of weeks back.

Additionally, the wpi man page mentions that it only permits one
virtual interface at a time. Is this a h/w limitation? If not, will
support for multiple interfaces be added?

Regards
Gautham Ganapathy