Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 21:32:29 +0100
From:      ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_3 calls itself -RELEASE?

Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> From: Christopher Schulte <christopher@schulte.org>
> Subject: Re: RELENG_4_3 calls itself -RELEASE?
> Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:10:07 -0500
>
> > I believe Kris Kennaway made a post yesterday explaining it would be called
> > 4.3-SECURITY, or 4.4-SECURITY after 4.4-RELEASE.
> >
> > Waiting approval from jkh?
>
> I think that implies a degree of committment which Kris, despite his
> very best intentions, probably can't actually fulfill.  People assume
> quite a bit with respect to branches.
>
> I'm sold on either 4.4-BEET or 4.4-POSTRELEASE as a name for the
> branch.  Neither one really implies very much that isn't obvious in
> the name itself.

If reasoned argument doesn't cut it I'll just have to invoke an ancient
British playground tradition. BAGS I SECURITY. ;)
AFAICT I was the first to propose a change. Yes you can blame me!

But seriously folks, the security advisories are already using the
4.3-SECURITY terminology. I assumed it had been discussed internally.

> - Jordan

ian j hart