Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 02:03:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Yarema <yds@paris.dppl.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail going commercial, and ?

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Marco Molteni wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Yarema wrote:
>
> > Qmail has performed quite well for me. [..]
> I totally agree. I like qmail _and_ it's configuration system ;-)
>
> Yarema,
> please quote me right: <.....>

Sorry, it was Outlook Express' fault. That program just don't know how to
quote properly. I certainly didn't mean to misrepresent what you said.

On the other hand I can also see why some people might not like qmail and
its author. And Exim is a very capable MTA alternative to both sendmail
and qmail. Although Exim does not claim delivery rates as high as qmail's
it utilizes many of the same reliability, security and performance
techniques as qmail. In any case just about anything's better than
sendmail. It's unfortunate that SysAdmins continue to suffer sendmail
mostly due to tradition and, very likely, licensing issues. Although
zmailer might be very good, exim is available *now* with tcpd and
anti-spam functionality all built into one program.

--
Yarema