Date:      Fri, 09 Oct 1998 11:58:12 -0400
From:      Dave Ason <dgason@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, java-port@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   jdk1.1.6 AWT bug?

I may have found a bug in some of the AWT libraries. I do not have
access to a Solaris box but these bugs don't show up on the 1.1 jdk run
on NT.

The input area of some of the AWT controls like a text field and tree
control seem permanently shifted to the lower right. Because of this
only a lot of the input in one of these controls is very difficult to
read.

If you wish to see an example of this, try a Java based game called
WebRPG. You can find WebRPG at http://www.webrpg.com

I noticed this bug in FreeBSD's 1.15 jdk as well.

Sorry I can't give you more info, but the bug manifests itself in WebRPG
every time so it is a repeatable bug...