Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:52:06 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>, Paul Fardy <pdfardy@mac.com>, current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Junior Annoying Hacker Task

Nik Clayton heeft op zaterdag 2 februari 2002 om 13:37 het volgende
geschreven:

>> Let me know the form you want the hierarchy to take, so
>> you can stick it into the GTK hierarchy thingy;
>
> Just go and port NetInfo from Apple's Darwin.

Now that is a cool idea. Netinfo has been around for quite a while in
NeXT machines. It would be really cool if I could setup a Netinfo root
on a FreeBSD box to manage my Mac OS X running macs.

Actually, I was already wondering why there isn't such a thing for the
free *nix like operating systems...

Oh, I am not volunteering, it's way beyond my capabilities.

Cheers,
Emiel