Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2013 15:57:18 -0400
From:      Jay Borkenhagen <jayb@braeburn.org>
To:        fs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mounting failed with error 2

Hi FS,

I am attempting to follow Niclas Zeising's updated directions at
https://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot/9.0-RELEASE for
"Installing FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE (or later) Root on ZFS using GPT."

I have following those instructions verbatim twice now, both times
winding up with the same error.  Niclas suggested asking here.

After I attempt to reboot into my brand new system, I find myself with
this written on my unresponsive console:

===============
Timecounter "TSC-low" frequency 8854667 Hz quality 1000
Root mount waiting for usbus6 usbus2
Trying to mount root from zfs:zroot/ROOT []...
Mounting from zfs:zroot/ROOT failed with error 2.

Loader variables:
  vfs.root.mountfrom=zfs:zroot/ROOT

Manual root filesystem specification:
  <fstype>:<device> [options]
      Mount <device> using filesystem <fstype>
      and with the specified (optional) option list.

    eg. ufs:/dev/da0s1a
        zfs:tank
        cd9660:/dev/acd0 ro
          (which is equivalent to: mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/acd0 /)

   ?              List valid disk boot devices
   .              Yield 1 second (for background tasks)
   <empty line>   Abort manual input

mountroot>

Thanks!

						Jay B.