Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:10:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: GCC 3.2.1 update is coming

Martin Blapp writes:

 > > There might still be a problem with libm and -march=pentium4. I do not
 > > have P4 myself and I cannot reproduce the problem locally.
 >
 > This problem is also solved. libm compiles again fine with -march=pentium4.
 > OpenOffice and xmms, mpg123 work as they did before.

Looks like we win some and we loose some.  I just noticed something
weird on my P4 desktop using:

gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20021009 (prerelease)

If I build libm with -march=pentium4, then the mozilla theme "Oribit"
looks corrupt.  If I use -march=pentium3, the problem goes away.  I've
left xwindow dumps on freefall in ~gallatin/mozilla.bad.xwd
~gallatin/mozilla.good.xwd

This is a terrible example in that its impossible to tell what
happened, but it sure shows that something is wrong.

Is there a floating point regression suite that you can point me at?
That would be more useful for debugging.

Drew