Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 10:32:26 +0000 ()
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
To:        sergios@obernet.com.ar
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: URGENT!!! HELP!!!

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997 sergios@obernet.com.ar wrote:

> Dear friends of FreeBSD Org.:
>
> 	I Have a FreeBSD Internet Server (WWW, FTP, E-MAIL, ETC.) and I
> want to use in that machine the Xtacacs Server. Now i have an other
> Machine with Windows NT Workstation 4.0 and Xtacacs for Windows, this is
> a problem for me, because makes to the machine not  work in the right
> way i think i must use the Xtacacs for FreeBSD Server. Can you give some
> information about where I can get it?
> 	I want say one more thing, the freeBSD server works too good,
> since it have been installed never shutdown.....5 months.....really
> good.... Well, this is only i have to say to you, and I hope you can help
> me in my requirements..thanks for all...and happy new year.....

Hello sergios.

Strange... what is the use of running tacacs on a NT server???
or: what is the use of a nt server at all???

Since the only thing that a NT server does that FreeBSD does not is
SQL server.

If you use the NT machine for serving windows network (netbios)
use the samba package and turn the NT off.

Indeed, I am now working on postgres (www.postgresql.orq) and odbc
and the whole thing works great with an astonish performance.

You find alot of information on the net, or here to setup your FreeBSD
to to anything on a windows network.

Hope this will help,

Sergio Lenzi.

Unix consult.