Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 07:36:03 -0400
From:      dob@nasvr1.cb.att.com
To:        current@freefall.freebsd.org, dyson@freebsd.org
Cc:        ejc@gargoyle.bazzle.com
Subject:   Re: VM changes

>  > Well, so far the VM changes are working fine for me, I don't notice any
>
> You are lucky :-) My machine crashed after an uptime of only one
> hour. It was not very loaded (make world in a xterm, a compilation in

Hi, John.  Your VM tester reporting in with his weird configuration (Digital
PC, Pentium, 8MB, NO L2 CACHE) results, sir!

Compiled kernel as of Monday night (with VM changes), started make world, ran
ok until I logged into another virtual console port, then BOOM!

	panic: vm page already active

	_panic + 0x5a
	_vm_page_activate + 0x34
	_vm_pageout_scan + 0x198
	_vm_pageout + 0x1ea
	_kproc_start + 0x32
	_main +0xcc
	begin() + x44

I made the splvm to splhigh changes as reported elsewhere, started make world,
went to bed, next morning, BOOM!  Same, same (as my son at 3 years old used to
say).

Thanks,

Dan O'Brien
Lucent Technologies