Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:10:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        psyke@gmx.net, marcus@FreeBSD.org, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/38869: when installing galeon, my gnome2 changes into gnome 1.4...

Synopsis: when installing galeon, my gnome2 changes into gnome 1.4...

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: marcus
State-Changed-When: Mon Jun 3 16:08:53 PDT 2002
State-Changed-Why:
This is correct.  GNOME 2 is still in pre-release.  All the hooks are not
yet in FreeBSD to accomodate what you're trying to do.  GNOME 2 is mainly
for people who have the bandwidth to test new things, and while our goal
is to be able to do what you're trying to do, we're not there yet.

If you insist on doing this, you will need to replace USE_GNOME in galeon's
Makefile with USE_GNOMELIBS.  You may have to do this for a number of
galeon's dependencies as well.