Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 22:25:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Kevin Entringer <kevin@dreamhaven.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11

I'm having a little problme here.. any suggestions?

I just cvsuped to 3.1-STABLE from 3.1-RELEASE which was just freshly
installed.. and I'm getting this error when I try to compile X based
ports.. such as AfterStep, Windowmaker, xanim, XPM, etc..

cc -o sxpm -O2 -fno-strength-reduce      -L/usr/X11R6/lib sxpm.o -L../lib
-L/usr
/X11R6/lib -lXpm -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11    -lgnumalloc
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open -lgnumalloc: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

This has happened to me on three seperate installions, first on 3.0 stable
from 3.0 release, then 3.1- beta from 3.0 release and finally on 3.1
stable from 3.0 release.  I've tried recompiling X and recompiling
libmalloc in /usr/src this does not help.. any idea would much must
appreciated.. Please cc any replies to me as I am not subscribed to this
list, thanks!