Date:      Fri, 05 Feb 1999 15:31:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        Licia <licia@o-o.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, "Daniel C.Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Subject:   Re: Is there a reseller program?

On 04-Feb-99 My Secret Spies Reported That Licia  wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>> Sue Blake wrote:
>> >
>> > Anyway, we need more topics like this that bring the women out of hiding
>> > :-)
>>
>> Well, so far, on all freebsd lists I subscribe to, -advocacy seems
>> to be the one with the highest ratio of non-completely-lurking women
>> around... I wonder why... (well, aside from the nasty flame fests
>> that sometimes grace lists like -current)
>>
>> --
>> Daniel C. Sobral                     (8-DCS)
>> dcs@newsguy.com
>
> I tend to lurk so much primarily because I've had enough extremely
> unpleasant experiences regarding technical material in other forums (IRC for
> example) to make me very leary of exposing myself to such behavior again.
>
> The result is I tend not to make comments in the technical lists, unless it's
> something I feel fairly sure I will not be maltreated over.

 Yes, there is much truth to that. I even had a brief stint at an ISP who had a
"thing" about a woman having root. I have to say however that on the FreeBSD
lists I have never had a problem.

 Probobly not suprising to note that you will find more "child like" users in
Linux groups and lists than you ever will here. I think the user comunity for
the two is completly different.

 Just remember that sometimes all of us do/say silly things and will earn
ourselves a dunce sombrero for the day in front of a few thousand people.

  Nicole

> [ licia@o-o.org ] [ http://www.o-o.org/~licia/ ] [ Alias : Ladywolf]
> [ Telnet to o-o.org and log in as bbs ] [ http://www.o-o.org/      ]
> [        A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/         ]
> [       FreeBSD : The last Windows upgrade you'll ever need.
> [     This user boycotts all Microsoft products and services       ]

          nicole@nmhtech.com | http://www.webweaver.net/
webmistress@dangermouse.org  | http://www.dangermouse.org