Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:18:16 +0100
From:      piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
To:        "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Is something wrong with gnome-menus-2.10.1?

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:50:19 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:30:06 +0100, Radek Kozlowski
> <radek@raadradd.com>  wrote:
>
> > Guys,
> >
> > after upgrading gnome-menus to 2.10.1 I got this:
> >
> > http://spekt.net/~raadradd/gnome/gnomemenus1.png
> > http://spekt.net/~raadradd/gnome/gnomemenus2.png
> >
> > A .hidden category in Apps and Desktop, doubled Internet
cateogory in
> > Apps and also in Desktop menu (with Kadu, a KDE app).
>
> Oh sh!t, looks like KDE 3.4 has changed something. I will
> have to install  KDE 3.4 package and see if I can fix it
> again. Thanks for the screenshots!
>
> > Menu Editor shows something different in the Internet category
(see
> > Firefox and Kadu),
>
> Is Kadu a KDE apps?

Actually, it is a Qt app. It used to depend on KDE in old versions,
but AFAIK it have already ceased to for a couple of releases. So you
don't need KDE to run it.

BTW, I got similar problems without any bit of KDE installed.

Best regards,
--
 Piotr Smyrak
 piotr.smyrak@heron.pl