Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:03:43 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: converting drivers to dynamic memory...

> mike writes:
> > "Real hackers run -current with DEVFS and SLICE on their laptops"
>
> Now, I'm not sure if I'd call that something to be proud of. ;)
>
> 'People with little regard to keeping their disks from scrambled run
> .......'

I think the point I'm trying to make is that I'm really touchy about
scrambling my systems, and it works well enough for me that I'm
actually doing day-to-day work on a DEVFS/SLICE system now.

(I'm sort-of fibbing actually, in that I don't run with that on my
 laptop all the time, as there appear to be problems with X and DEVFS.)

mike