Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:33:30 +0000
From:      Adam Cottrell <searchmonkey@embeddediq.com>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Updates available for sysutils/searchmonkey

Dear Kurt,

Like I said, I am happy to help! :-)

Some points that might help:-

Previously, FreeBSD has already ported the (older) GTK+ versions (see
v0.8.1).
Is it possible that this port can be re-used in some way to get up and
running quicker?

I can supply you with a JAR file that includes all of the dependencies.
Using this JAR file on Ubuntu I can get jSearchmonkey running perfectly in
just a few (pseudo) lines. For example:-
 > apt-get install *<JAVA Runtime v1.8>*
 > wget *<JAR file with all dependencies>*
 > jar -jar *searchmonkey-with-dependencies.jar*

I know that you guys love to compile the source code but there might be
another way?

Alternatively, if you have a port of Maven then it should be a doddle to
compile the JAVA from source...

BR,
Adam