Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 18:21:55 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wow!

How do,

[cc'd to -questions and -doc, reply-to set to -doc]

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 12:38:59PM -0400, Roman Katsnelson wrote:
> Three weeks ago I used FreeBSD (or should I say $40-feeBSD? ;-)  for the
> first time. Now I feel like its my baby. ;) I have been a faithful Linux
> follower for about two years up to then, and have had a little Solaris
> exposition too. FreeBSD rocks them so hard!

You wouldn't be interested in helping out over at the FreeBSD
Documentation Project would you?

One of the things we're missing as far as documentation goes is "FreeBSD
if you're used to Linux". I guess there are lots of things (like the shell
difference that you've just bumped into) that can confuse a Linux user
when they first try FreeBSD, and it would be nice to have a document to
point them at that explains where the Linux equivalent of things are.

Interested? As someone new to FreeBSD but with a Linux background you're
just the sort of person who would be able to do a good job of this.

If so, please come and join us over on the freebsd-doc mailing list (and
if there's anyone else on -questions who thinks they could help out with
that as well, please subscribe as well).

Cheers,

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?