Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:01:39 +0200
From:      Dang-Ngoc TUYET-TRAM <Dang-Ngoc.Tuyet-Tram@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   enabling bios option "LBA"

Hi,

I have a problem when booting on my computer with my MBR.
When I choose in the menu (F1 DOS, F2 FreeBSD) choice FreeBSD, I get the error
Error C:1056>1023 (Bios Limit)
and then the system hangs.

Someone in the news (thanks Mike), told me that it was because
my bios couldn't boot on OS that is above the 1024th cylinder, and that
I had to enable an option in my bios called LBA.
I've look for such an option in every menu of the bios, but I couldn't find
anything matching with this name.
Is there another name for it ?
Or is there another method to solve the problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Tram
--
Universite de Versailles
dntt@prism.uvsq.fr

Un bon support de programmation doit vérifier la loi d'exclusion mutuelle