Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:42:55 -0700
From:      Larry Ash <lar@trib.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disabling network interface

In FreeBSD 3.5 my ethernet interface was lnc1. In 4.2 it's pcn0. The problem is
that when the system tries to configure pcn0 it forces it into hw-loopback. My
guess is that it's the wrong interface. I have tried to disable it (pcn)in both
UserConfig and in the kernel configuration "config" file. Neither location has
listed the network driver "pcn".

Where is the configuration to force "pcn" off so another ethernet driver can run?

Larry Ash
Systems Administrator
Casper Star-Tribune