Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:29:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anand Kumar <ankumar@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie installation question

Hi Gurus,
        I am trying to install FreeBSD in an old Pentium machine (Acer Bravo P/1
00 MS). The Configuration is as follows :
Pentium 100
40 Mb memory
Adaptec 1520 ISA/SCSI controller
Quantun Fireball & Maverick SCSI HDDs (each about 520 MB)
Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 NIC.

        Which of the FreeBSD releases can I install, (or will support the above
configuration). I see the new SCSI system in 3.2 release does not have support f
or Adaptec card yet. Has the situation changed ?
	This machine is mainly intented for use as a tftp server. so I am planning to have it headless (without monitor, keyboard), access only through telnet, and through serial console. Which of the releases have support for serial console, especially during bootup.
	In the above situation, can I do away with X installation (to keep size minimum).
Thanks in advance.
(PS: Please cc me, as I am not subscribed to mailing list yet)
cheers,
Anand.