Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:26:45 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is something wrong with gnome-menus-2.10.1?

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:14:45 +0100, <piotr.smyrak@heron.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:30:06 +0100, Radek Kozlowski wrote
>>
>> after upgrading gnome-menus to 2.10.1 I got this:
>>
>> http://spekt.net/~raadradd/gnome/gnomemenus1.png
>> http://spekt.net/~raadradd/gnome/gnomemenus2.png
>>
>> A .hidden category in Apps and Desktop, doubled Internet
>> cateogory in Apps and also in Desktop menu (with Kadu, a
>> KDE app). Menu Editor shows something different in the
>> Internet category (see Firefox and Kadu), also Abiword
>> disappeared from the menu, but Menu Editor still shows it
>> in the Office category.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing something like this?
>
> I did. Suddenly Opera Beta appeared in doubled Internet menu, but no
> Opera (stable, got both installed) and in the Desktop menu, too.

The FreeBSDism (two prefixes, LOCALBASE and X11BASE) does hurt our desktop
and apps. I have been complain about two prefixes for age. There is no
easy solution when it has two prefixes. :-/ Once, KDE and GNOME follow the
full standard, then it's possible easier to get KDE and GNOME to work
together nicer in a prefix.

> Gnome Font Sampler disappeared from Utilities, just like Abiword for
> you.
>
> I am also pretty disappointed about deskutils/menueditor. It would
> put multiple <Exclude> statement for the same app in the .menu file
> f.e. After modifing a desktop file, a doubled menu would appear, I
> got doubled Others dir as I tried to fix lack of icon for
> Splashsetter. And the Splashsetter was without icon in the original
> Others menu dir, and a customized one with the icon in the doubled
> dir, too. Weird.

Contract to the author if you find any bug in menueditor.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org