Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2012 19:31:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.ORG, alie@affle.com, gnn@neville-neil.com
Subject:   Re: Latest code and scripts are working for me on BeagleBone...

George Neville-Neil wrote:
 > On Oct 11, 2012, at 12:11 , Alie Tan <> wrote:
 >
 > > Please share your image for Beaglebone and Raspberry Pi when possible.
 >
 > That's an interesting idea, and one that we ought to look at.  Let me think
 > about that.  Remember that many of us will want to make production images,
 > with passwords, and won't be able to share them.

Personally I would also appreciate such images.

I'm following the -arm list for about two weeks because I would
like to use FreeBSD on a small (as small as possible) board to
control a small "gadget".

>From what I've read so far, it seems that getting FreeBSD to run
reliably on these boards is a time-consuming task that requires
a lot of trial-and-error, applying patches from here and there,
and so on.  This is somewhat discouraging, to the point that I
would just use a Linux image (e.g. the one that's pre-installed
on a Raspberry Pi), because it would save so much time.

If there was a FreeBSD image available for download that works
out of the box on a particular board, with a list of features
supported (e.g. "USB and GPIO work, SD cards don't work yet,
ethernet works but is unstable"), that would be very welcome.

Just my two cents.

Best regards
   Oliver

"C++ is to C as Lung Cancer is to Lung."
        -- Thomas Funke