Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:21:59 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hari Bhaskaran <subscr@spider.netmails.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: panic on heavy read/writes (5.1 + vinum)

--Hch1Uz/zGPcHFdv8

On Sunday, 17 August 2003 at 15:01:41 -0500, Hari Bhaskaran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed 5.1 RELEASE on a PII (old!)
> machine. I am using vinum on everything except '/' ( I am not
> using the new vinum-root setup possible with 5.1 )
> (Versions are straight out of the 5.1 RELEASE, no cvsup)

> I know I haven't followed the steps at
> http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html#panic, but I will
> try to do it as soon as possible.

You've also included information which this page specifically asked
you not to send.

> Any help is appreciated.

Follow the steps at
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html#panic.  I can't help
you if you don't tell me what's wrong.

> NOTE: I wish the 'panic' just stopped the system (and let me see the
> console) rather than reseting the system automatically.

It does.  It sounds like there's something wrong with your system.
But that's why I need the information.

Greg
Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key

--Hch1Uz/zGPcHFdv8