Date:      Mon,  2 Apr 2001 10:38:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <3d@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        mreimer@vpop.net
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nvidia binary drivers

>   I think that wouldn't help any -- nvidia_drv.o needs the kernel module
>   to communicate with the card.

A Linux X server running under FreeBSD Linuxulater would of course
have no trouble talking to a Linux kernel module - or?
I rather think that the Linux emulation is possibly not
complete enough. (for example I have no clue how to introduce
the /dev/nvida driver here)

> Theoretically, all that needs to happen is
>   to port the kernel module to BSD, and then everything else should just
>   work.

I know that for over a year now. :)
This makes the work not less depressing.

At least I have now access to a Linux box with XF4, so can
probe little better what's going.

>   http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/search.cgi?words=triantos&max=100&sort=date&index=all&source=freebsd-hackers

At least one FreeBSD user was working there at nvidia a year ago, but
obviously he had other things to do. :)

Regards,
Marc