Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 1997 12:54:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: psm0 (ps/2 mouse) after kernel build without booting -c?

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Every time I recompile a new kernel I have to boot with the "-c"
> option to enable the ps/2 mouse(psm0). Is there a way to have this
> set from the kernel so after each re-compile psm0 is available?

Yes, edit the kernel configuration file (i.e.:
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC for the GENERIC kernel) and find the line
with device	psm0 on it.  Remove the word disable.  On newer systems
(maybe only recent -current systems) psm0 isn't disabled by default.  On
some systems, checking for a PS/2 mouse without one attached will cause
problems. YMMY.

- alex