Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 1998 02:21:16 GMT
From:      trsteins@pcisys.net (Tracy Steinwand)
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mgetty help needed

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a PPro.  When I initially installed the
system, I went overboard and loaded many applications that I thought
I'd get around to running/playing with.  When I learned later that I
was quickly running out of hard disk space, I decided to pkg_delete
many of the items I felt I no longer needed.  Apparently, I went
overboard!!!  Now when I boot my machine, I receive the following
error

login: Nov 29 04:26:46 steins init: Can't exec getty
'/usr/local/sbin/mgetty' for port /dev/cuaa1: no such file or
directory

The mgetty program appears to be missing from /usr/local/sbin.  My
problem is that I don't know where it went or how to get it back.  Any
ideas?  It doesn't seem to be adversly affecting my machine; I can
still login, dial up my ISP, etc.  Unfortunately, it keeps leaving me
lots of  these nagging messages on my screen.

BTW, I'm planning on upgrading to 2.2.8.  Will this take care of the
problem?

TIA

Tracy Steinwand