Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:13:27 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
Cc:        virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: limitations on jail style virtualization

On 11/13/10 1:55 PM, Brandon Gooch wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Julian Elischer<julian@freebsd.org>  wrote:
>
> Was this brought up in any of the discussions?
>
> http://www.7he.at/freebsd/vps/

no it was not brought up..
it was an unofficial non-planned discussion that errupted pretty much
spontaneously an a couple of couches so it was not prepared in advance..

Since I don't know much about that project I didn't bring it up.
However I should take the time to read it..
thanks for bringing it up!

> I'm not sure if the VPS project pertains directly to what you're
> talking about, but perhaps some of the code or ideas from the project
> might?
>
> Even if it doesn't, it's still an exciting project that adds a ton of
> value to FreeBSD's light-weight virtualization strategy. What do think
> about the VPS concept in relation to the current virtualization effort
> being put in to jails? It seems to me that recent efforts at
> virtualizing kernel-level objects makes VPS the future of FreeBSD's
> virtualization, leaving jails as a great way to isolate
> applications...

it the approaches are compatible I see no reason to not combine
but I'll know more when I have read it.