Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 02:46:55 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What programs use libreadline?

 * Aside from gdb in the source tree, which programs use libreadline?  I'm
 * assuming bash does, but I'm not aware of any other program that uses it
 * that runs (or might run) under FreeBSD.  If you know of a program, can
 * you send me private email and let me know so I can test out a change I
 * would like to make to the readline library to make it easier to upgrade
 * to newer versions of gdb when they are released.

Actually bash doesn't, since there has been a version mismatch and
Andrew made it compile with its own readline.  I don't know what
happens with the latest upgrade though.

Anyway, "ldd /usr/{local,X11R6}/bin/* 2>/dev/null | less" on thud
yielded these things....

/usr/local/bin:

  fudgit, gnuplot, ncftp2, pmf

/usr/X11R6/bin: