Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:02:48 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: E-problem

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Is there any specific reason that when I do a 'make clean' it doesn't
> remove .depend files automatically? IMHO it should.
>
> Perhaps we need yet another target, something like 'reallyclean'... The
> stale .depend files have long standing tradition of plaguing unsuspecting
> users...

I noticed this yesterday and was going to look into it further to see
what old stuff wasn't being properly cleaned out by make clean. I seemed
to have a whole swag of *.[oa]'s, .depends, and some miscellaneous other
cruft which I removed and wasnt replaced by cvsup (so I assume was
generated as part of the build process).

I'm gonna hold off trying to rebuild until the dust has settled from the
mEtamorphosis so I'll probably take another look in a week or so and see
if I can come up with a list of bits not being cleaned by 'make clean'.

> Andrzej Bialecki

Kris