Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:51:20 +0100
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        Miguel Saturnino <mags@oniduo.pt>
Cc:        "Daniel A." <ldrada@gmail.com>, danial_thom@yahoo.com, "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>, Andy Sjostrom <andy_sjostrom@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Question's.

Miguel Saturnino wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 07:34 -0800, Danial Thom wrote:
> Well, that's your opinion. For me, FreeBSD is a much better desktop than
> Windows -- it runs solid and fast and enables me to be more productive
> in my work. Of course, what is good for me might not be so good for
> someone else, I guess it depends on your needs.
>
> Some Linux distros are much easier to setup than FreeBSD, so they might
> be a more recommendable desktop for someone with less technical
> knowledge.

Ever tried DesktopBSD (www.desktopbsd.org) or PcBSD (www.pcbsd.org)?
Unless the Linux-distros provides you with a geek that does the
installation for you, I can possible see how they could be easier to
setup.
Yes, you talk about FreeBSD, but after all both DesktopBSD and PcBSD
are basically just preconfigured and pre-packaged versions of FreeBSD.

For anyone looking for a BSD-based desktop OS, I highly recommend
the two mentioned above. I was surprised to see how extremely
userfriendly they were despite being relatively new projects.