Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 1998 10:04:11 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ultra2 (AIC 7890 support)

Jan B. Koum  writes:

> 	CAM should be in 3.0 AFAIK. However, I am using this card right
> now under FreeBSD on Dell PowerEdge server. That thing is FAST:
>
> da2: 80.0MB/s transfers (40.0MHz, offset 15, 16bit), Tagged Queueing Enabl
>
> 	80MB/s!!!

	Running the 2.2-SNAP-CAM version of it.  Fast is an understatement.
	I'm pulling 13 MB/sec writing and 19 MB/sec (sequential) reading with 4k
	blocks from a _single_ Quantum Viking II.

	Now, what does CCD give us >8-)

	Thanks for great work, Justin -- this thing just flies.

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-

               The Internet is busy.  Please try again later.