Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2008 05:21:59 +0000
From:      Desmond Chapman <que_deseja@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        que_deseja@hotmail.com
Subject:   debug messages for system crash output- Kennaway&others

[This is all that I was able to write down]Debug message screen output:

DEBUG: deviceTry: attempting to open /dev/cuad0
deviceTry: open of /dev/cuad1 failed
[This pattern follows to number 15 for both messages. I am going to assume =
zero here because of the way the items are listed in grub from 0]
Found a disk device named ad4
Executing command '/stand/gunzip /tmp/.doc/doc.tmp'
Command '/stand/gunzip /tmp/.doc/doc.tmp' returns a status of 0

[I set the sizes at 1g for /=2C 1286M swap=2C 768 /tmp=2C 2738 /var=2C 20G =
/usr=2C 4981 unallocated]

Scan dev ad4 for root filesystem
scan dev ad4 for swap partition
[chose all distributions to extract at this time.]
Dist Masks: Dists fffff=2C Srcs: 3fffff Kernels: fffff
Xserver: fffff
[ftp chosen as method of installing]
Executing command '/stand/gunzip /tmp/.doc/doc.tmp'
Command '/stand/gunzip /tmp/.doc/doc.tmp' returns a status of 0
Init routine called for network device dc0
wrote ot /etc/resolv.conf
wrote out /etc/hosts
hostname=3D 'ftp.freebsd.org'
dir =3D '/'
port#=3D'21'
Notify:Looking up host ftp.freebsd.org
StartingDNS
Looking up hostname=2C ftp.freebsd.org=2C using getaddrinfo (AI_NUMERICHOST=
)
Looking up hostname=2C ftp.freebsd.org=2C using getaddrinfo()
Found DNS entry for ftp.freebsd.org successfully
InstallCommit: System state is 'init'
[The base extracts at this point and begins to hang with chunk 23 of 36. I =
hit CTRL+C to reinstate the media. Keyboard responsive]
User generated interrupt
[Base installs to 26 of 36 this time then hangs]
[At the end of every chunk was "PORT command successful=2C Consider using P=
ASV"]

{Last two lines of crash at 26/36:}
"Sending: RETR base/base.ba
Sending: QUIT"
{CTRL+C repeated=2C switched to ftp1.freebsd.org as base repository]
OK. -Current directory is /pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/7.0-RELEASE
Sending CWD /
Sending CWD /pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/amd64
RETRE base/base.ba opening BINARY mode data connection for base/base.bs
Sending: QUIT
[sysinstall message is "FTP chdir to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org// returned error=
 status: connection in wrong state"]
Shutdown called for network device dc0
ifconfig dc0 down
executing command 'ifconfig dc0 down' returns status of 0
Deleting default route
Executing command 'route -n delete default' delete net default
command 'route -n delete default' returns status of 0
disrtExtractTarball: path "base" dist "base" trdist "base" my_dir "/" is_ba=
se
No FTP connection open=2C cant get file base/base.inf
distExtraTarball: fname base/base.inf fp:0x0=2C intr : 1 mediaDevice:0x7c99=
62
Init routine called for network device dc0
[I typed "ifconfig dc0 up" on tty4 about this time]
A DHCP Inetrface=2C should already be up
Network initialized successfully
hostname=3D 'ftp.freebsd.org'
dir =3D '/'
port#=3D'21'
Notify:Looking up host ftp1.freebsd.org
StartingDNS
Looking up hostname=2C ftp1.freebsd.org=2C using getaddrinfo (AI_NUMERICHOS=
T)
Looking up hostname=2C ftp1.freebsd.org=2C using getaddrinfo
route: writing to routing socket: No such process delete net default: not i=
n table
Command 'route -n delete default' returns status of 1
distExtraTarball: fname base/base.inf fp:0x0=2C intr : 1 mediaDevice:0x0

[repeats the same each time I initialize. hard shutdown forced]

previous 2 posts by me stated system was freezing. I'm going to assume that=
 with every "ifconfig dc0 down" and "route -n delete default" the "connecti=
ng to ftp.freebsd.org" was having trouble connecting.

I have a directory of /.snap=2C /cdrom=2C /dist=2C /dev=2C /etc=2C /stand=
=2C /tmp=2C /usr=2C /var now installed on the disk. No passwords or account=
s created.
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM=
_WL_Refresh_messenger_video_072008=