Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 07:46:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>
To:        conrads@neosoft.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Goodbye, FreeBSD!

Conrad,

What are you talking about? Why can't you do like most of us,
use both OS's(by having multiboot or several computers) and use the most
appropiate for solving the task. You seem to live in a black & white world,
I don't.

Regards, Tommy(who use FreeBSD 99.9% of the time)

--- Conrad Sabatier <conrads@praline.no.neosoft.com> wrote:
> It makes me more than a little sad to have to announce this, but with
> my cable Internet connection soon to be installed, I've started
> updating my multimedia apps for Windows (even got the Win 98 upgrade
> pack!), so I can take advantage of all the new, rich, multimedia
> content the net now has to offer.
>
> Unfortunately, FreeBSD has been, and I suspect always will be,
> seriously lagging behind the mainstream OSes as far as multimedia,
> and I'm just really tired of feeling "left out".
>
> Three years with FreeBSD has been a real learning experience, and one
> about which I certainly have no regrets, but I've decided I'm tired
> of doing without all the fantastic new developments out there, not to
> mention being *really* tired of the relative hassle of installing and
> configuring apps for FreeBSD as compared to Windows.
>
> So, it looks like this is the end of my love affair with FreeBSD,
> folks.  I'm going back to where the good stuff is, and am really
> excited about it already.  Have already setup RealPlayer G2 and
> RealJukebox, both of which are absolutely fantastic to use, and
> fantastically easy to install and upgrade.  It is *so* nice once
> again to be able to just click on a file in my file manager, have the
> associated app come up and have everything just *work*.
>
> Maybe I'm just getting old and lazy, but I'm tired of all the work
> and headaches involved in using FreeBSD (and Linux is not much
> better, either; tried that, too, a while back).
>
> I have been assimilated, I'm afraid.  :-)
>
> Ya'all take care.  I will miss the rich hacking environment FreeBSD
> offers, but I certainly won't miss feeling like the orphaned
> stepchild all the time as I visit web sites whose content I'm unable
> to experience, and being envious of all those great apps that are
> available for other OSes.
>
> It's been real, ya'all.  Have a good life, now.
>
> Best wishes to all,
>
> Conrad
>
> P.S.  I've already unsubscribed from all my BSD mailing lists, so
> anyone wishingto reply, please do so directlyto my address.  Thanks.
>
> --
> Conrad Sabatier
> http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/

===
Regards, Tommy Hallgren
Briljantg. 31, SE-421 49, Göteborg
Tel.: 031 - 770 5232 (Work: Telia Prosoft)
Tel.: 0709 - 312 404 (GSM)
Tel.: 031 - 47 65 28 (Home)