Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 12:54:36 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com, terry@lambert.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "truss" clone for FreeBSD?

Woah!

>Sean Eric Fagan has implemented a working "truss" that doesn't
>require all of the "dump file/undump file" crap.

Proof-of-concept working; it didn't do a lot that it would need to do.
(Admittedly, most of what needed to be added was just bells-and-whistles,
but some of it was absolutely necessary.)

And since it requires kernel changes, and procfs changes, that are not yet
ready, it's not available.  I've been working on the dos emulation support
the past week, instead of the procfs stuff I'd expected.  (But the procfs is
a largish project, and I am taking my time to make sure I do it as close to
right as possible.  I doubt it'll be in 2.2, but it should be available
shortly thereafter.  Meanwhile, hopefully the dos emulation *will* be in
2.2.)

Sean.