Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:31:14 +0000
From:      Jim Hatfield <jim.hatfield@isltd.insignia.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I fixed my problem

Hi,

Re my earlier mail about the Monitors database.

It was due to my misunderstanding of how the Novice install works. After
selecting the X-Developer distribution, I got a popup asking if I wanted
Des. I selected Yes, then got to the screen where you select which bits
of XFree86 you want. At this point I realised I should have selected No
since the CD was exported from the US and presumably doesn't have DES on it.

At this point the last selection in the menu says something like "Go
Back" which I interpreted as Undo, so selected it. However it didn't
really mean that, and I never saw that screen again, so presumably I had
unknowingly selected a subset which didn't include the Monitor database.

I redid the whole install and now I have it.

Apologies if anyone wasted time on this.

Jim Hatfield