Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:28:55 +0300
From:      Yousef Raffah <yraffah@savola.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't boot with a new install

--=-ubt8Tt10z+k9QeqDU7so

Hi everyone,

I just finished installing FreeBSD 6 RELEASE on my Toshiba Tecra A4
laptop and the installation was fine, however, when I rebooted the
machine, I don't get the boot loader screen as if the machine can not
see my drive! I tried the reinstalling and ensured that I set the slice
to be bootable but that didn't change anything.

Not sure if this is a common issue with FreeBSD 6 on Toshiba laptops but
I'm still looking around

Sincerely,
Yousef Raffah
Senior Systems Administrator