Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:07 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        kirk@strauser.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 woes

>>>>> On 17 Sep 2000 10:14:12 -0500
>>>>> Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> said:

kirk> I'm running a FreeBSD 4.1-stable system.  I went to
kirk> www.freenet6.net to get a v6 address, and selected the
kirk> FreeBSD/KAME option.  Along with the tunkame.*.pl script, it
kirk> sent me:

Since I have 6bone reachability, I don't using freenet6.  I just tried
to create freenet6 tunnel and it seems working for me.  I'm using
4.1-STABLE.

kirk> The script executed without errors.  However, while I can ping
kirk> the local and remote IPv4 address, and I can ping6 the local
kirk> IPv6 address, I can't pin6 the remote end.  The only error
kirk> message I get, at all, is from /var/log/messages:

kirk>   /kernel: nd6_lookup: failed to add route for a
kirk>   neighbor(3ffe:0b00:0c18:1fff::0454), errno=17

Do you have any IPv4 firewall or NAT box between
freenet6 and you?  If so, it may breaks IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel.
If you don't have such obstruction, please show me the infomation of
following:

	ifconfig -au
	gifconfig -au
	netstat -rnf inet6
	ndp -I
	ndp -i gif0

kirk> Now, it's my understanding from what documentation I've been
kirk> able to scrap up (I tried to RTFM, honest!), I shouldn't need to
kirk> do any additional configuration on my system other than
kirk> executing the tunkame Perl script.  Am I missing something
kirk> obvious?

No, you should run only tunkame.pl without any additional IPv6 setups.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/