Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 00:20:35 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS Pnp can only detect 256K RAM ?

Hi,

  I'm testing the GUS PnP driver in my recently installed 2.1.5R FBSD
System.  It works ok, but I have some questions:

  It can only see 256K, although it's a GUS PnP Pro with 512K embedded.
I tryied putting more 2M and it still can only see 256K.  Looking at
the sources, it seens to me that this is a physical limit on the driver.
Is this true ?  Can I use all 2.5M RAM it have ?

  Another question: xmix cannot control any volume other than DSP.  My
MIDI files get played (playmidi -g) in VERY LOW volume.  Can't I raise
this ?

  Note: I'm new to the GUS world.  I've recently changed from SB16.  Just
enough to believe GUS is *really* better for MIDI :)

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698 ( Job )			jonny@cisi.coppe.ufrj.br