Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:44:15 +0000
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        Dave <dave@gregory.dyn.ml.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good Spreadsheet (seen at afterstep.org)

On Jun 11,  7:03am, Dave wrote:
> Subject: Good Spreadsheet (seen at afterstep.org)
> I'm looking for a good spreadsheet for X. I saw one at
> http://www.afterstep.org/www.afterstep.org/screenshots/chris.jpg
> that would seem to fit the bill - anyone know what it is?
>
> Optimally the spreadsheet I seek would be open source. I have tried
> the commercial Wingz and StarOffice from the ports, and they weren't
> quite what I want. Any suggestions?

>-- End of excerpt from Dave

I can't provide a reference to an open source spreedsheet, but here are two
very excellent commercial versions for UNIX that blow the doors off of any M$
stuff.

check  <www.ais.com> and <www.xess.com>

The later has a lite version for Linux that runs just fine on FreeBSD with
Linux emulation installed.  It's pretty good.

Enjoy,
Frank