Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:07:35 +0200
From:      erakupa@kk.etx.ericsson.se (ETX-B-SL Martti Kuparinen)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Anyone using SATAN?

I would like to test our network with SATAN (Security Administrator Tool
for Analyzing Networks). But for some reason the HTML interface doesn't
work at all.

Here is what I do:

- change reconfig to use "/usr/local/bin/perl -w" as the shell (line 1)
- run "./reconfig"
- run "make"
- become root with "su"
- start SATAN by typing "./satan"
- press e.g. the "SATAN Configuration Management" link. Netscape gives
  warning about executable script and I accept it. But then nothing
  happens!

I don't use any proxies, so the FAQ didn't help anything. Netscape
obviously knows Perl scripts, because it asks if I really want to execute
the script.

So I you run SATAN 1.1.1 on your FreeBSD PC, how did you configure things?

/Martti