Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:36:44 -0800
From:      dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   ViaVoice (Blackdown JRE) and getsid

I've tried running ViaVoice.  The install scripts are so severely broken that
I just gave up over the weekend, as the java VM just allocates 80M and then
sits there.  I have the truss output back at home ... but today I was looking
through my daily messages, and this popped up in the kernel log:
> linux: syscall getsid is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=39641)
> linux: syscall getsid is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=39693)
> linux: syscall getsid is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=39823)
> linux: syscall getsid is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=39897)
> linux: syscall getsid is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=39936)

Might this point at something to add (has been added) or something in our
Linux emulation, or otherwise some clue that may lead me to get ViaVoice
working?

Thanks,
-danny