Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 10:45:14 +0300 (EAT)
From:      Patrick <patrick@eahd.or.ug>
To:        <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CN40BC ethernet card and irqs

All,

the first time (after boot) that I run pccardd with my card plugged in, it
assigns it an irq of 3. So now I have an interface ed1 with an irq of 3.

#ifconfig ed1 inet x.x.x.x netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast x.x.x.255 up

gives timeouts.....

#ifconfig ed1 down
#pccardd

Gives me another interface (ed2) with an irq of 5.

#ifconfig ed2 .......... up
works beautifully!

So, I thought I would remove irq 3 from my /etc/defaults/pccard.conf

Now I get the same behavior this time with irq 10 and irq 11
(irq 11 is successful)

I then put only irq 5 and 11 in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf and
pccardd fails to asign ed1 an irq.

Could someone please help me out here and tell me what on earth is going
on and how I can force a working irq to be selected for my card?

PS
I have not changed the default configuration for the CN40BC card that I
found in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf.

Patrick.