Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2022 22:03:34 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Mike Karels <mike@karels.net>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rpi3b+ ue0 too late to be configured on boot?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2022, Mark Millard wrote:

> Bjoern did not report enough information for the configuration
> of that EDK2 based context to replicate his boot context in a
> test.

Sorry, I applied the config.txt change from the open pull request there
where I left a comment a year or so ago.  I was running with the
previous version quite fine.

I did disable ACPI for a change in the setup.  No idea how that would be
persistent.

I used to run with the previous version but loader now panics on that so I
found the fairly recent new one.

I also have my own kernel admittingly; same builds on years because I
run them with a memory disk.

The GE switch port are on auto but given this is USB device attaching
time it seem that shouldn't make the huge difference (and I checked that
it wa on an auto-port before and so is my other one).

In either way, @mike, does your boot indiciate that ue0 is setup during
the first netif run or is devd doing it later for you and it'd be there
by the time you login)?  Just checking before I'll put it onto the TODO
list to one day dig deeper.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7