Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:15:34 +0200
From:      Ertan Kucukoglu <ertank@ozlerplastik.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   differences between (buildworld installworld) and (world)

Hello,

Recently I upgraded my 4.0-RELEASE machine to 4.2-STABLE. First, I did "make
-j4 buildworld". Then after it finished without error, I did "make -j4
installworld". After sometime I got error message that says "I cannot find
file ...."

I choose that way because "make world" installs the system just after
compilation and, I was not sure that my system will compile error proof.

I thought a little and tried "make world". It finished without any errors. I
upgraded my system, but why I got error with "make buildworld installworld"
and did not with "make world"?

Is there any differences? I used same parameters for both buildworld and
installworld as mentioned in the handbook.

Regards,

--
Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank@ozlerplastik.com