Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:27:16 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
To:        Blake Freeburg <blakef@mrdata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd, Apache, and Frontpage... (fwd)

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 at 16:20:43 -0500, Blake Freeburg wrote:
> Hello out there...
>
> Yes, I have read the freebsdzine 'how to' PHP and FP2k, but they
> did not detail out what bins they used (Linux vs. BSDI).

Read it again because you obviously missed it the first time..

   First, you need to fetch the distributions. Please note, throughout
   this document, PHP is mentioned. It is optional. If you do not wish
   to build PHP along with it, leave out the steps which cover PHP.

      Apache 1.3.6: <url>
      BSDI Frontpage Extensions: <url>
      PHP: <url>

The next part also mentions 'fp40.bsdi.tar.gz'.

> So any other ideas?

Re-read the article and follow the instructions closely this time :-)

> Anyone got them working care to share what they did?

I was one of Tommy's guinea pigs while he was working on the article..
it worked for me.  I also wouldn't have put the article up if it
hadn't worked since it's a pretty popular topic..

- Jim

--
- Jim Mock - jim@blues.ghis.net - systems administrator - ghis.NET -
- work: http://www.ghis.net/ - personal: http://www.ghis.net/~jim/ -