Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 19:01:59 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape annoying dialog boxes

> >Ugh.  The only thing I can suggest is asking Brian exactly what it was
> >in his .Xdefaults, and see if you have the same thing.  I can't believe
> >the person who did the FreeBSD port had the problem on his machine; a
> >port done for love always has fewer problems than one done for money.
>
> Did you re-run xrdb after editing your .Xdefaults.

Actually, I rebooted.  But, upon reflection (too many machines, too
little time), the machine I rebooted still has netscape 3 on it, and the
machine that has netscape 4 on it didn't get rebooted.  So, I did an
xrdb -query, and sure enough I have some leftovers from my .Xdefaults.
I re-ran xrdb, but unfortunately I don't have time to test it since it's
Friday night and the box that can run it is at work.  My box at home
doesn't have the 'umph' to run V4, so it still runs V4.

In short, I *suspect* that things should be working fine if:
1) It is Netscape 4 for FreeBSD
2) There is no trace of any kill/insert-selection crud in any
   application defaults and/or .Xdefaults file.

But, if you're running netscape 3, you'll get annoying messages. :(

Nate