Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:10:37 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Teilhard Knight <teilhk@hotpost.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD_Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mount cdrom

Teilhard Knight wrote:

>I hope this is the right place to ask. How do you mount a cdrom? I have read
>the handbook, and I have tried different combinations, but they don't work
>for me.
>
>Teilhard-

It probably isn't the right place to ask.
Someone will mention the charter of
this list if we wait around a while... :-)
So, I mention this as entertainment, not
an answer to a question....

That said, I mount a cdrom in 5.2 by
typing:

    #d:

 Now, of course, "d:" won't work for you,
unless you have something like this in
your shell resource file:

alias d:        sudo mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom

Note that this utilizes the "sudo" program
(/usr/ports/security/sudo) and that it's for
an IDE CDROM drive; also, there isn't a directory
called "cdrom" on the root filesystem of a "stock"
FBSD installation.  Basically it's just my lazy
shortcut (and a tongue-in-chic laugh at DOS!)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.