Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 20:38:35 -0500
From:      wolverine@futuretek.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help installing 3.1-release

I am trying to install 3.1-release and I am not getting very far. This
is only my 2nd time trying to install your software. I am using the
following components:

Shuttle PII MB
128 MB sdram 8ns PC-100
Intel PII 333mhz
Trident 2mb video card
SMC network card 9432
adapter SCSI controller AHA-1520B ID#7
Seagate 4gb SCSI hard drive ID#0
Toshiba 40x CDROM 6401 ID#6

Everything works prefect with DOS ( I tried it to make sure I could boot
off the SCSI hard drive.)
I am trying to install FreeBSD from the FTP server. I made the 2 boot
disks. It load disk 1 then asks for disk 2. I get the menu up to install
the software and I picked beginner (I tried them all) and it comes up
with and error saying that there in no disk found to install the
software to. I checked the doc files for troubleshooting and foud the
kernel settings for my scsi card but when I do a scroll back I don't see
them on the screen.
If anyone can help me, it would be great.

Ed

--
This E-mail sent by:
Futuretek Online Services - One of NJ's fastest growing Bulletin Boards