Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 12:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Yann Ramin <yramin1@montereyhigh.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba

Samba public shares.  In the smb.conf file, make a share, say,Public
[public]
          comment = Public
          read only = No
          guest ok = Yes
          browseable = Yes

SWAT makes this process eaiser if you want to change other options.

I have gotten NETATALK and Samba working just fine on several machines.  While
the setup is not as GNUified (configure script, etc), it is fairly easy (and a
whole lot smaller than Samba).