Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:47:02 -0300
From:      "Julio Steffen Jr" <julio@nit10.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   error in new mail server

Hi,

I trying to make a mail server with Sendmail, and after I call inetd, on my
screen appears this message:

inetd[100]: cannot execute /usr/local/libexec/popper: No such file or
directory

Then, I create it into /usr/local/libexec and after that the message change
to:

inetd[717]: cannot execute /usr/local/libexec/popper: Permission denied

I modify permissions to:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1 Sep 9 14:13 popper

After I modify permissions the message change to:

inetd[799]: cannot execute /usr/local/libexec/popper: Exec format error

I using FreeBSD 5.0 and Sendmail 8.12.6

I modify this lines in inetd.conf:

# example entry for the optional pop3 server #

pop3 stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/popper popper

#

# example entry for the optional imap4 server #

imap4 stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd

#

Somebody can help me?

What`s happened?

What did I forget?