Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:14:31 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: RAID/vinum options (mail server)

Not so lucky :(

The degraded message didn't show up until after reboot (as part of the
device ID when the kernel is reading the disk label.  The information is
stored in DMESG.

The only RAID card that I know of with tools in the OS is Mylex (man
mlxcontrol).  I can't tell from the man page if you can actually do anything
useful (like detach a physical drive, reattach, start a rebuild, etc...).

I guess this is one area where NT has left us behind :(

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks